RENTAL MONKEYS
If you're trying to out-think someone that isn't thinking, you'll lose

Friday, March 04, 2005

Everybody, everybody

Some randomness.

I'm sitting in Steph's office right now, waiting for her to be finished work so we can go home and eat dinner, and I can take her to her driving lesson. I know you're fascinated by this.

I've been working some split shifts the last few days, since we've had a "staffing shakeup" at the office, and as the highly responsible manager guy, I get to cover. Yahoo.

I actually like having afternoons off, I get to wander around outside in the sun, get stuff done, or just relax at the house and play videogames. Whee.

I predict a #1 finish for Rob & Amber on TAR 7.

Ever since it started, I've been a huge huge huge fan of HBO's Carnivale (now in its second season), but the most recent episode has vaulted this series into the upper echelon of my favourite shows ever. (Mike: Find these shows any way you can.) It is stunningly directed, the plot is fascinating, the acting very good... it's everything you could ever want in a deeply mysterious. While sometimes odd (I like to say it's the kind of story David Lynch and Stephen King would write if they were locked in a room together), and a little bit hard to figure out, it's absolutely freaking brilliant. Season one is on DVD, well worth the $100 price tag.

Our company has entered two teams in the Calgary Winter Club's annual "CURLING FUNSPIEL". I shall post pictures later once I have some.

Oh, speaking of pictures. For those of you who couldn't see the image I posted in my last post, it was a cover of "ACTION COMICS" featuring Superman, from the 40's I figure. The image was of Superman pulling a big handle on what appeared to be a printing press. The poster being printed said in big letters: "SUPERMAN SAYS YOU CAN SLAP A JAP WITH BONDS AND STAMPS!!!"

And yes, it's 100% real and authentic. (Check out www.superdickery.com for more bizarre, real, comic covers. Including the Archie comic cover where Betty, being held by Archie in his arms while he stands in the ocean, says "ARCHIE! Was it hard to save me from drowning?" and Archie's reply was: "Sure was! I hat to BEAT OFF three guys just to get to you!")

Click here to see it

That is all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle, thanks for the link to that weird Superman comic page. My fav so far is "The King of Marbles". Now I know why I didn't get into comics.

Sunday, March 6, 2005 at 1:22:00 AM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I changed my mind...the best one is here: http://www.superdickery.com/oneshot/1.html
Goddamnit that's funny!

Sunday, March 6, 2005 at 1:42:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home