RENTAL MONKEYS
If you're trying to out-think someone that isn't thinking, you'll lose

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Poker, and a couple of laptops

So, there are no lights on in the house right now. Everything is enveloped in darkness that is cut through only by the glow of two laptops - mine, and soon-to-be brother-in-law Nathan's. It's 10:39pm, my soon-to-be wife is falling asleep beside me, and we all just finished a rather amusing game of No Limit Texas Hold'em, with the high, high stakes of a bunch of buttons I have stored in a jar.

Today was the last day of work (well, last full day, I have to put in a couple of hours worth of work to finish off a few things), and it feels good knowing that I have some days off ahead of me.

The wedding still doesn't seem real, even though we dropped off everything at the Palliser this afternoon, paid (ouch), and I will be picking up my Tux tomorrow. Perhaps it is a sense of calm that I'm mistaking for it not seeming real, or perhaps it just seems so real, and so right, it's just not something that I'm freaking out about. Well, okay, I was freaking out at work today but that's mostly because, as usual, when Kyle has lots to do, everyone doesn't recognize it and comes a screamin', needing a piece of his ass.

Regardless of what my parents seem to think about the whole episode (I haven't heard much from them this week, which is disappointing. I had hoped they would call and offer to help, offer to come over and see Steph's mom, make some sort of gesture...), all I know is that a steak dinner, a game of chess with Nathan and then a round of poker, feels absolutely right.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home