RENTAL MONKEYS
If you're trying to out-think someone that isn't thinking, you'll lose

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I wrote this for you! And it only cost me four dollars from Value Village

The title of this is a bastardized quote from Sarah Slean's concert last night. Seems she was very proud of the new skirt she bought, which she was wearing at the concert. So she stood in front of everyone, did a twirl, and then cried out "I bought this for youuuuuu! And it only cost me four dollars from Value Village!!". Then she leapt into a song. Strangely, even though she bought the skirt for me, she did not give it to me after the show. Strange. I can also only assume she was speaking directly to me, and not the other few hundred people gathered in attendance.

I am that important, you see.

Listening to Slean's CDs is one thing, but seeing her live drives home the fact that she's probably the most underappreciated artist that this country has. She's wonderful, intense, and incredibly talented. Excellent show.

Too bad it was only 50 minutes, as she was opening for Ron Sexsmith. Stephanie and I did not stay for Sexsmith's set.

----

I must say I'm completely shocked that the entire roster of the St. Louis Cardinals was replaced by high school players who looked exactly like the regular players.

This is my only explanation for how St. Louis managed to not win a single game of the World Series, despite playing two games against Boston where the BoSox made FOUR ERRORS (not total, each game), and one game where in the bottom of the third inning, they had a runner on second and third and no outs (and thanks to bizarre baserunning errors, scored no runs).

Not that I'm disappointed Boston won, as I was rooting for them to break the curse of the Bambino. But I am rather disappointed that it was such a blah of a World Series, with the League's best-record team folding like the proverbial deck chair.

----

We have a deal on the table right now at work which is being referred to around the office as the "Retirement Deal". Being such a large contract that our sales guy (who gets the commission), the company's owners (and me, company's part owner), could "Retire".

Not that I would. And it would run out after a while. But oh it would change things around the office, and my stress and over-worked-ness would be reduced. (I figure, anyway). So let's keep our fingers crossed on that one.

----

In other news, Stephanie refers to the "Retirement Deal" as the "Baby Deal", as we could afford for her to stay home with a baby.

Which would be nice.

----

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoo! go baby deal!!!!!!!

te amo.

Friday, October 29, 2004 at 7:00:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home