RENTAL MONKEYS
If you're trying to out-think someone that isn't thinking, you'll lose

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A challenge from the wifey...

So the wife has challenged me to blog everyday. She will blog everyday, as will I. If we forget, we get to poke each other with sharp pencils on the drive home.

This will work well until she is at home with the baby, and there will be no "drive home together." I suppose I will have to poke myself with sharp pencils if I forgot to blog, and poke whomever has the misfortune to sit next to me on the bus if she forgot.

Hm. That could be fun, actually.

So, here's some randomness:

1. I'm quite glad that the Amazing Race is finally going to get out of the USA next episode. I am thankful for this as it appeared that the season was going to be pulled into an inescapable vortex of suckage if it continued on the same path. This season has been horribly disappointing. I mean, think about it. They've gone from exciting excursions to giant waterfalls in Iceland to ... finding a ... guy named... Les? At a gas station? WHAT?!?! Come on.

2. It's nice to know that the Great Lakes have migrated south to Louisiana.

3. It's also nice to know that the world's longest bridge is now suddenly, somehow, in the USA, where it never used to be.

4. Through the course of having our basement renovated, we have found that our original builder made the following mistakes/errors/omissions during the original build:

- No venting for the roughed-in bathroom was completed, meaning that our contractor had to drill through the outside of the condo to get the venting in place. Interestingly enough, we're still waiting for approval from the board to do this, even though we already went ahead and did it. Let's hope they say yes to the modification.

- The pipe for the toilet that was part of the roughed-in bathroom was put in crooked. Meaning that without some time-consuming modifications, our toilet would have been sitting at an angle. Whee!

- The pipe for the drain for the tub that was part of the roughed-in bathroom was put in nearly horizontally, and facing the wrong way.

- The smoke detectors - BOTH upstairs and downstairs - were hooked up to a light switch in the basement. This means that for over 2 years, whenever the basement lights are turned off (which has been pretty much ALL THE TIME), neither smoke detector in the house was functional. I now need to inform the board of this problem as it's possible that other smoke detectors were wired this way too.

- It is apparent that our condo was constructed by monkeys, with low IQs.

5. Having an office is nice. I'm much more productive now.

Ok, that's it for now.

Today's random picture is titled "Mmmm, melon."

(I'm going to end each post with a picture. I figure that should keep people coming to read, even if they just scroll past the verbose crap I type and look at the picture)

3 Comments:

Blogger bubba said...

you're correct. i like the pictures. does adolf choke on the melon seeds? roll the clip a little longer...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 11:13:00 AM MDT  
Blogger bubba said...

maybe they had GMO (seedless) melons back then. that would explain his prolonged reign of tyranny.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 11:26:00 AM MDT  
Blogger kelsey said...

I think all condos were put together by chimps. When I repainted my place I found all sorts of interesting things.

I'm still trying to figure out how they got Jimmy Hoffa in there!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 8:21:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home